Monday, October 13, 2008

I hate snakes

Today was a glorious day. I had no work and no school! There was no paper to be written, no reading to be read, no test to take, no lecture to listen to...it was amazing. So on this wonderful day Lauren and I (ps Lauren is a girl I work with) decided to go hiking somewhere in MD. The weather was perfect and since the leaves are changing color it was absolutely gorgeous! Anyways....so we hike to the top of this...mountain?....and we're pretty proud of ourselves (even though I'm pretty sure it was the easiest hike I've ever done). The view was really pretty and after we took it all in we started to make our way back down. Now on our way back down we ran into a sign that we didn't see on the way up. It was nailed to a tree and had small red writing on it, so in order to read it you had to get real close. As our noses are seriously inches away Lauren starts freaking out and runs away...leaving me by myself to discover the BIGGEST FREAKIN SNAKE right by the sign my nose was inches from that I have ever seen in my entire life... outside of a cage that is. Needless to say I ran away, but later ventured my way back over to take this lovely little photo that I am going to share with you :)


How the heck we didn't see that sucker I do not know!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

haha ugh. that is quite a snake ashley!

was lauren the one I met?

Chocolate Chip said...

yeah you met her. she is the one with really long hair like mine.

Unknown said...

OH gross! You poor girl! I would love you help with painting. We are painting this Saturday, but I think you are going to Liberty?