Friday, September 5, 2008

cakes and such


ok so next weekend a lady at my church, Encounters, is getting married and I offered to do her cake. Now keep in mind that this wedding is going to be VERY laid back. The wedding is actually Friday night and the "reception" is going to be Saturday afternoon. She told me that it's not even going to be a reception, but rather just a simple picnic to celebrate. She wasn't even going to have a cake, but one of her friends talked her into it. When we were talking about the cake she gave me no ideas as to what she wanted. No color skeem, no design, no nothing! She told me to just be creative and keep the cake and cupcakes vanilla and chocolate. All week I have been trying to think of what to do. Do I add color? Do I put designs on it? Do I keep it simple with just vanilla and chocolate? Finally, I decided to keep it simple. The cake is vanilla with vanilla icening and the cupcakes will be vanilla and chocolate with the icening to match. Ok, now this is where I need some help. And keep in mind that she wants it to be simple. This is what I had in mind (above). They are just trial runs, but what do you think??

No comments: