Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dirt, Weeds and a Sore Back!

So I have decided that I am in the wrong business and that I need to switch from banking to landscaping. Yesterday Brett and I worked this one lady's flower bed for about 2.5hrs and I made more there than I feel I will ever make here at the bank. And it was fun too! I loved working with the Bids :) Even though we didn't talk a whole lot, I felt like it was quality time together! A project we worked on together and will finish together.

We started out pulling crazy amounts of weeds. I swear this woman had more weed than actual plants she wanted. Some of them were so deep we had to use a shovel to them. Ha ha I'm not gonna lie thought, this part got a bit old after a while and me, being the ADD chick that I am, had to find some way to entertain myself during this constant repetition of pulling weed after weed. I tried bagging the already pulled weeds, but that didn't last long. I also tried switching up the location where I was pulling weeds, but that didn't help much either. So, I started playing with the worms :) Every worm I found I put into the worm pile that I called their little social pit. A place where each worm could come and wiggle and socialize with the other little wormies :) (ha ha I'm not crazy I swear, I was just desperate for entertainment!)

Anyways, after weed pulling and playing with worms we dug up and moved around some plants to make the garden look more...symmetrical (??) or maybe more evenly spaced (??). We bagged a bunch of mulch and spread weed killer all over. Again, it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every minuet of working with the Bids and getting my hands dirty! :) However, on the down side, I am sore from finger to toe! I'm thinking I am a bit out of shape...good thing we're not going back till next Tuesday!!

(ps yes, I'm going to try this blogging thing again. I get rather bored at work and my sisters tell me this can keep me entertained. So far they are correct :) )

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Whoa! A post from Smash! I didnt know you were working with Brett! thats awesome! good job! I love the worm pit, totally sounds like something I would have been doing too