Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away

So it has been VERY overcast around here the past couple days. We'll get hit with a little rain here, a few lightening bolts there. Nothing too big. But yesterday we got hit with one of the biggest storms I've seen in a long while. Thankfully I made it home from work before it hit, but no later than 15min after I stepped into the house the rain came. I swear it got harder and harder till we could hardly see the road looking out our living room window! Roads and yards were flooded. I even heard that a garage not to far from where I live got hit by lightening and caught fire. Scary stuff....Anyways...in the middle of this monster storm we lost power. I'm pretty sure it was out for a good 1.5hrs or so. We had nothing. No television. No internet. No lights. What were we to do!?!

It reminded me of when my siblings and I were younger and having the power go out was the coolest thing ever! We would each get a candle for our rooms and I remember a couple times we would wind up having little sleepovers in one of our rooms too. We'd giggle and talk till we fell asleep, but oh it was so much fun! I'm pretty sure secretly I would pretend we were on Little House on the Parries or something like that. :)

Yesterday, however, the power went out in the middle of the day so we could still see, so not as exciting. Today it is overcast again and I'm just waiting for the rain to come again. Pray for a clear day tomorrow! I'm going to a graduation and while I don't mind playing in the rain in the right get up, I'm thinking tomorrow would not be fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See Ash, you write great posts!! Keep them coming!!!