Thursday, June 18, 2009

Movie

Last night, after gorging myself in some pretty amazing wings, I went home and decided to watch a little bit of a movie before falling asleep. We're borrowing a movie right now called Fireproof. I've secretly wanted to watch it ever since it came out, but it is a Christian film and no offense, but usually those films are so low budget and the acting is so bad I don't bother watching them. I know that sounds horrible, but it does bother me to a point that just because it is a Christian film it has to be low budget and bad acting. Why isn't it that we can't come out with some type of quality movie?? ...anyways, sorry about that...So despite my feelings about Christian films this one really caught my attention. So finally last night I put it in, and not to my surprise the acting was rather cheesy.

I made it part way through and considered calling it a night. I mean I was pretty sleepy and the movie was decent, but nothing incredible. But then I started really feeling for the characters. The gist of the story was there was a relationship that was falling apart and they were about to call it quits on each other and divorce, but the father of the husband challenges him with a 40 day "Love Dare". Every day there is a new task he must complete to win his wife back. The things he did for this woman were so precious. By the end of the movie I was sobbing. Full blown out tears. I'm sure it would have been interesting to see. So, if you can get past some cheesy acting I would seriously suggest this movie. It's darling. Oh and in their defense (the actors and actress's) they are not professional actors, but rather just a group of people from a church in Tennessee who put it together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brandon and I totally loved it! Both of us were a wreck when it was over!

Unknown said...

Love the new look!